Monday, September 30, 2013

School is Back in Session

We have officially completed our first two weeks of school, Aubrey is in 1st grade this year and Adalyn has now started Kindergarten. It's been a busy two weeks, as we are getting back to a schedule and to our normal routine.I'm so excited to begin a new year and I truly truly feel blessed to get the opportunity to home school my kids. I love it! I really do! Yes, it's tiresome and sometimes it makes my days feel even longer and teaching your child to read can be one of the most brutal things you will ever face, but it is a blessing and it comes with lots of little rewards a long the way. I have been reading "Seasons of a Mothers Heart" by Sally Clarkson (which is encouragement for the home school mom) and it has been a complete blessing to me. It has by far been my favorite book of hers and if you are a home schooling mother I highly recommend you read it. Here, I will even give you the amazon link!

So here we go!

  We did some writing on our first day back, which is one of their favorite things.
 


 
 They played with pattern blocks for awhile, another favorite.






Avery has a bucket this year, full of new things to play with and build with and color with while we are doing school. The first day she did great, since then she lasts about 10 minutes. I REALLY need to figure out how to occupy this busy two year old of mine!













We have done some other fun things that last two weeks. We are in the process of watching some grapes turn to raisins. We have been digging for worms and watching all kinds of bugs outside. We did this fun art project, making fall button trees. We have been learning some new Bible verses, and we have been talking all about Creation and we made some really cute Creation books.

Here is Aubrey one morning before we started school, just brushing her teeth. I couldn't resist!


And here are those cute button trees.
It feels good to have two weeks down. Now we have a whole year in front of us!

1 comments:

Melodie said...

I love seeing your school posts! thanks for sharing.