It was definitely an experience!
Here is a duffy boat, not us but just a picture of the cute little boat we rented.

All week in Newport we talked about renting a boat and going out on the Harbor. Jeff and I rented a kayak one day and took it around the harbor (no picture of that, sad), and then we really wanted to take our family and my parents out one evening on a boat. So we decided to rent a duffy boat, pack up some food and wine and have a little dinner while we cruised quietly around the harbor. One day I'm going to get the fact that having four young children does not allow for quiet, or relaxing much for that matter, or the fact that it does not make anything easy, anything! It was fun, don't get me wrong, but it was not quiet and it was not relaxing. The girls wanted to hop all around the (small) boat, Avery wanted to look over the side for fish (luckily she had a life jacket on) , and Landon didn't want to be held, he didn't want to be in his car seat, he wanted me crawl around, so he fussed for a big chunk of the time. I just had to laugh about it and embrace my chaotic life. The only reason I actually got to eat dinner was because my mom was literally putting food in my mouth for me! Ha! We even got turned around for a bit, and it got dark and it took all four adults to direct Jeff back to where we parked the boat. I wouldn't change our experience, it was fun and we made a funny memory. The girls loved it and that's still one of their favorite parts of our whole vacation.
Oh the things we do for the sake of "vacation"!
0 comments:
Post a Comment