Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Picture of the Baby

Jeff and I have told the girls about the baby in mommy's tummy. Do they get it? Umm, not really, but it sure is fun talking about it with them. Anytime we mention the baby to Adalyn she says "baby in my tummy too" and then she looks down her shirt. She has even said a couple of times that the baby is in her mouth. Hmm... Anyways, last week when we went to the doctor I told Aubrey that I was going to get to see a picture of the baby and that I would bring one home for her to see. Probably not a good thing to tell a very curious almost 3 year old. She was so excited and of course thought I was going to bring home an actual picture of a baby, not a little fuzzy blob! My mom watched the girls while Jeff and I were at the doctor and my mom said that Aubrey talked about seeing the picture of the baby all morning. She was clearly anxious. So when I got home they were both taking their naps. Once Aubrey got up, one of the first things she said to me was "Mommy have picture of baby?". So the three of us went and sat on the couch and I took out the pictures. Adalyn was not very interested and soon got down, but Aubrey just kept staring at all of them. I tried to show her where the baby was, but I could tell she was studying that picture and trying to figure it out on her own. And then she did something that made me burst out loudly with laughter! She looked at me and said, "the baby look like this". And then she proceeded to put her two pointer fingers in the corners of her mouth and stretched the corners of her mouth up high, as if to make a big smiley face. Can you visualize this. I looked back at the ultrasound picture to see what she was talking about and sure enough, it does look like a big smiley mouth, right? Oh that was funny. She cleary didn't get that the baby was the small black part of the picture.

I just posted this again so it would make more sense of what she thought she saw.I guess she just thought it was the baby's mouth.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Too cute!!! I love those girls!

The Hambrick's said...

How funny! What a great story to share with her when she gets old enough to really understand. :)

Unknown said...

That is hilarious and adorable! One of the best parts of being pregnant is getting to experience it through the eyes of your little ones! Greatness!!

The Myers said...

That is so stinkin' cute! They are going to be great big sisters. :)