We had a great 4th this year. We spent the whole day at the beach in Del Mar with our friends the Thomas's, and I do mean the WHOLE day. Jeff and Jason got there at 6:30 in the morning, and I pulled in around 7:30 with the girls. Then we headed home at 6:00 that night! I guess this is becoming a tradition since this is the 3rd year in a row we have done this. We had a blast, although it was seriously freezing. I never took my jeans and sweatshirt off all day. I was hoping to get some sun, but not so much. I know their are lots of pics with the girls just in their swimsuits, but I tried convincing them to wear jackets but they would have no part of it. I don't know how they did it. Once Mary put hers on, then Aubrey followed. Aubrey loves, and I mean loves, Mary! She followed that girl around all day. Mary is 5 and Aubrey thinks she is just the greatest. The girls always have a blast with Mary and Sally. They played all day in the sand, climbing the hill behind us, digging holes and so on and so on. They were both covered from head to toe in sand by the end of the day. The guys grilled out some yummy burgers for lunch. It honestly felt like we ate all day. The day before Jeff and Jason went grocery shopping for the day and they came home with SO much food. They ended up coming over the next day for lunch because we had so much left over food, and the guys grilled out for us once again. After we got home from the beach Aubrey asked me right away if she could go night night. Those girls were worn out! Such a fun day, and such great new memories!
Enjoying a patriotic sprinkled donut to start the morning off!
Do you see Adalyn's fingers in this picture? She constantly holds her fingers like this and has been doing this since she was a baby. It had definitely been more frequently lately. I don't get it! She loved carrying this bag around all day, and there were of course a few fights over it too!
Aubrey being her stubborn self by not looking at the camera. At least Mary and Sally smiled for me.
Playing in the sand.
Mary was pretending that Sally and Aubrey were here little puppy dogs. It was pretty funny to watch.
Daddy is all bundled up, but not Adalyn!
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Happy 4th of July!
Posted by The Skains Family at 7:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
in the background of one of your pictures, the people look like they are shivering ;) I don't blame them for not wearing something over their swim suits though... they are SO adorable!
Post a Comment