Monday, December 17, 2012

Ornaments Galore!

We have been on a roll of making ornaments over here. Some were a success and some were not, but nonetheless we had fun. So the first one we did were these pony beads ornaments. I got the idea from here . Adalyn's didn't turn out for some reason so we need to redo hers. They took forever to dry, like a week, but it was a fun project.

First they had to fill a cookie cutter with pony beads.



Then we covered the beads with glue. Squeezing the glue was a favorite part!

 Nan and Bop were visiting when we did this craft.
Now the finished product.


The next one we did were I Spy Christmas ornaments which again I got from this site.
I bought the girls this new Christmas book which they have so much fun with.
For the ornaments I got the clear plastic fillable Christmas balls. For inside the ball I bought "snow" and a few other things like bells and beads to put inside.
Then it was time to fill the ornaments. They had so much fun doing this.


We tried to play "I Spy" with these ornaments but because of the snow we had a hard time seeing any of our little trinkets. It all got kind of lost in the snow. So we gave it another try, this time with epsom salt that I died green with food coloring. Those worked a little better but are too heavy for the tree.


And then it was time to play "I Spy". What a fun time with my big girls!


Our last ornament we made were wooden picture frame ornaments that the girls painted. Another really fun project.








1 comments:

The Hambrick's said...

I lOVE all of this! You are amazing. Merry Christmas