It's been a fun few days around here! We have had so much fun as a family just enjoying time together. It's always sad for me when it comes to an end. We only have one more day with just us left and I am trying to soak it all in.
The day before Christmas Eve was a busy one, but fun and full of memories. We started our day with making Christmas cookies. Jeff offered to go grocery shopping for me (which was a HUGE blessing) so it was just us girls while Landon napped. Avery wasn't too interested in helping us but every now and then she would come around to see what was going on.
Avery soon discovered that stacking the cookie cutters and knocking them over was way more fun the making cookies.
That night our church had a Christmas Eve Eve service. It was a great service and the kids all got to be in church with us. At the end of service all the little kiddos where called on stage to sing a Christmas song they had been practicing during Sunday school. It was pretty cute and lucky for us our girls were right in front.
Here they are with some of their favorite friends and our amazing babysitter.
Here are the girls that night after church. Landon was asleep during this picture so I had to take his later all by his little self.
On Christmas Eve we just stayed home and tried to get ready for Christmas. We did squeeze a little craft in that night.

That night the girls got to opened their last Christmas book. (I got this idea from my wonderful friend Melodie. We had lots of Christmas books we wrapped up and on most nights before bed we let them open one.)
Christmas Eve night we let them open one present which was Hungry Hungry Hippo. They loved this game and all the giggling that took place was priceless!
And here are my cuties Christmas Eve night all the ready for bed in their Christmas pj's. I love them!
On Christmas Eve Eve I was thinking a lot about last year. Last year at this time I was suffering through the heart ache of a miscarraige and this Christmas I was holding and cuddling my very own sweet answer to prayer. I couldn't help but focus on the fact that God's promises are true. My sweet boy is my gift from God and I am so so blessed by him. Psalm 30:5 Weeping may last for only a night, but joy comes in the morning.
























0 comments:
Post a Comment