Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving part of Jeff's family came down for about 4 days. We had a houseful, 7 adults and 5 kids! We had a lot of fun celebrating together and all the girls had a blast getting to play together.

This year, I really wanted to focus on being thankful, and teaching my girls all about our blessings. We began that morning with a prayer, just with our family of 5, and focused our hearts on being thankful for our blessings. As I thought about all that I had to be thankful for I realized my list could go on and on! But the thing I am the very most thankful for is my Savior, who's love in unending, never changing and that He paved a way for me to spend eternity with Him. And how could you not be forever grateful for that!

Here are a bunch of pictures of our Thanksgiving!

The girls all helping prepare dinner!




Our family of five on Avery's first Thanksgiving. Poor girl had a double ear infection, so I cooked most of Thanksgiving dinner with her on my hip. She wanted no part of being put down or anyone else (besides Daddy) holding her. She was pretty miserable.

There was a lot of dressing up that went on at our house!


That's about it for Thanksgiving day. The rest are pictures of the rest of the weekend.

We played at the park a bunch.






We all went out to eat dinner! Here are the big girls with Granny and Pawpaw.


And we hung around our house a bunch!








Disclaimer: I realize that Aubrey is wearing her wild and crazy pink headband in many of the pictures. That girl is in love with her headband and thinks she must wear it at all times!

0 comments: