I do so love this time of year! I love all the traditions and extra family time. On Sunday evening after Thanksgiving, we got out all the Christmas decor and began "decking the halls". We continued our tradition of making a fun evening celebration out of it. It was definitely different this year as Avery was very curious and didn't want to leave anything alone. Poor girl was told "No Avery" many times from all of us! The big girls had tons of fun and were very excited the whole time. Aubrey kept telling all of us that her favorite ornament was the one that only had "Mommy, Daddy and Aubrey" on it (from her first Christmas). She is very proud of the fact that she was Mommy's first baby. Here are the picture of us getting our home ready for Christmas.
Hanging our first ornaments. 



I love how the girls hang all the ornaments in the same place. It cracks me up every year! 




And then we of course have to take pictures in front of the tree!






The final product!

We are really trying to change up Christmas this year and get it focused on the true meaning. It's hard for me to let some things go, because, as I mentioned earlier, I love Christmas time. We are still doing Santa, just toning it way down. We desire our girls to have an understanding of what it really means. We decided to start doing the Jesse Tree this year, and so far it has been great and something we will continue every year. I would love some other ideas of the traditions that your family does to keep it focused on the birth of our Savior. Merry Christmas!
Saturday, December 3, 2011
And Christmas time is here!
Posted by The Skains Family at 8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment