Thursday, December 15, 2011

What we have been up to!

The last couple of weeks have been pretty busy over here as we are preparing for Christmas. I can't believe Christmas is only a few days away. We are all excited and trying to not get too busy to remember the whole point in celebrating. I have to admit it's hard to not just fall back into preparing, and checking everything off the list and forget to just slow down and enjoy and focus on the birth of our Savior. I think I need a refocus and we enter the last week!

So anyways, here are a couple of things we have been doing at the Skains house!

Of course crafting is always going on here. We have had lots of fun making some new Christmas crafts.

(she seriously loves that headband!)



They loved painting these cute snowflake ornaments we got from Hobby Lobby. They turned out pretty cute with their pictures inside.




Our Jesse Tree is in full swing. It's been a little rough trying to do it every single night after dinner since we have had things going on during the week nights. So once it's all said and done we may be missing a few. But I love doing this, the girls love it and are very sad if we end up missing a night. We will definitely be doing it again next year. They (and Jeff and I) have really learned a few new things. Here they are hanging the paper ornaments on our very festive paper Jesse Tree! It's all we could do for this year, but hopefully next year we will actually have a tree.




This week the girls had a Christmas party and ornament exchange at dance. When making our decision to home school, one thing I was really having a hard time letting go of was being involved in my kids classrooms. Going to the parties, on field trips, being the room mom, etc... I guess it was the elementary teacher left in me. So I was so excited that we all got to be a part of the party in their dance classes. I had a little glimpse into what it would be like, and that was good enough! They had so much fun and the second Daddy walked in the door that night they talked to him a mile a minute about their party.

Before their parties.


Adalyn's party. They let Aubrey have a snack with them.



The girls with Ms. Stacey. She is so great!

Aubrey's party. Unfortunately my camera died right before her party so this is all I have for hers. Here she is exchanging her ornament.

0 comments: