Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Weekend in San Antonio

I can't tell you how nice it is to have my sister only four hours away! I love it and I love getting to see her and her sweet family so often. We went from seeing each other every couple of years to every couple of months, and that is an answer to prayer. Now if we could just get my parents to come back! :)

This past weekend we headed to San Antonio to celebrate my niece Alana's, 4th birthday. We had such a good time, and the girls wore themselves out playing for a whole day and a half. I felt like I hardly saw my girls just because they were playing so hard with their cousins. They love Zoe (she's 10) so much, and they would really rather have Zoe help them with anything than Jeff or I. She is definitely the little mommy of the group! When we left Adalyn just buried her head in Zoe's chest and cried such a sad, quiet cry. It was so sad. I guess they are all used to long sad goodbyes, but we keep reminding them we will see them in a few weeks!

Lisa even were able to sneak away on Saturday for lunch and some shopping ALL BY OURSELVES. And that right there was pretty glorious!

Here are some pictures of all the kids playing at Beefy's Backyard for dinner on Saturday night to celebrate Alana's birthday.



Opening our present. This girl loves Ariel!





Aubrey trying to take a hug but I don't think Alana wanted to participate!


Cute Avery. Alana is her biggest fan!


I just thought this was cute!


Playing at the park on Sunday.



0 comments: