Wednesday, May 4, 2011

God is Good!

If someone had told me 5 months ago, when we moved back to Houston, that my sister and her family would be moving to San Antonio, I wouldn't have hesitated for a moment to get back to Texas! In all honesty this transition of moving back from San Diego has been rough. It's really been the hardest tranistion I have ever faced in my whole life. It has been full of emotional ups and downs. One moment I'm so excited for my family to see what God has in store, and the next moment I'm an emotional mess over leaving my parents and all that we loved so dearly about San Diego. Trying to find friends, a church and not having that great luxury of grandparent babysitters, all of it has been really tough on me. But here we are, 5 months later, and I can already see why God has brought us back to Texas. My sister is moving to Texas! Really!!! My sister is moving to TEXAS!!! Can you tell how beyond ecstatic I am. Between this great news, and an amazing kickoff to Jeff's realestate career I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has incredible things in store for us here. I haven't lived close to my sister since I was in college so this is really a long time coming. Now the two of us are full of ideas of getting the cousins together, having girl getaways, homeschool field trips together, and even watching each others kids for a weekend with the hubby. God is good and I know this was in His plan all along. I have been praying for SO long for Him to bring our family all together again, and here He is answering it.

So anyways, on their way back to Atlanta from San Antonio, after a house hunting trip, they were able to come spend the night with us in Kingwood. The cousins were in heaven and Lisa finally got to meet her newest neice. Although the time was short, and they had to head out in the morning, there were no tears this time (at least not from the adults) because I know she will be back so soon! But my sweet girls did have a REALLY hard time saying goodbye to their cousins. Aubrey cried and cried and kept telling me over and over that she just wanted to play with Zoe some more. Adalyn has been cracking me up because every time she gets in trouble since they left she starts crying, sticks her little lip out and says "I just really miss my cousins. I just really need a hug from Zoe". We are all excited and just so thankful that God is slowy putting our family back together again. Now we just need to convince the parents :)!

Kyla holding Avery for the first time. Can you tell how proud she was?


And then it was Zoe's turn.


Alana was begging and begging to get a turn too. She even sang her the Ariel song. Now that was adorable and I wish I had it on camera.


One day Korben is not going to be happy with this picture of him riding a pink tricycle, but for now it's super cute!


Aubrey and Adalyn absolutely love Zoe! And so do I of course. She is so good with them. I can't believe she is about to be 10!




Some seriously cute kids!


1 comments:

Lisa said...

We are soooooo excited too! The kids are already planning out sleeping arrangements for when you come see us and vice versa. Actually, Kyla is upset at us that we aren't moving to Houston :) God is GOOD!