Monday, May 16, 2011

The Funny Things They Say

And they say so many of them! I love looking back and remembering the sweet and hilarious things that come out of those cute mouths.

Adalyn:
I asked her the other day why she has to be so cute. Her response: "Because I'm wearing this green dress".

At lunch the other day I was reminding both girls that we need to only say nice words to each other after Aubrey said something kind of rude but sarcastic. Aubrey immediately said "You're pretty mommy and I love you". Very sweet. Then Adalyn said "I like your mole mommy". Oh my!

This one Adalyn gets in trouble for but Jeff and I secretly think it's hilarious. When she is being mean to Aubrey (which has been quite often lately) she calls her icky gross. Or she will call Aubrey's things icky gross. I often hear Adalyn yelling this from their room when they are playing together "You icky gross Aubrey." Or "Your blankie is icky gross Aubrey". And then this follows from Aubrey "I'm not icky gross Adalyn. You're icky gross." We are working on this one and really working on saying only nice words to each other. Maybe one day they will get this right?

Adalyn is always reminding us of this: "When I three I going to go to dance class. And I want a black one of those like Aubrey's". She means Aubrey's leotard!

I over heard Adalyn "reading" a book to Avery. This is what she said "God and Jesus never leave". Wow, that one got to me! I got this Devotions for Pre-schoolers a few weeks ago and we try to read one every day. Last nights devotion was about Jesus always being with you. I never know if they are actually listening but apparently Adalyn is!

Anytime Adalyn is sad and I ask her whats wrong she says "I just really miss my cousins".


Aubrey:
The other day we were about to have a thunder storm and I had asked the girls if they were excited to watch it rain. Aubrey kind of looked a little nervous and said "but last time it rained it made me throw up". I thought it was hilarious that she said this because the last time we had a big storm it was in the middle of the night and that night she happened to be up throwing up all night. But I don't think it was the rain that made her sick!

When putting Aubrey down for a nap she hugged my neck and said "I love you so much mommy, with all my heart forever and ever". That ones still makes my eyes water.

Jeff was doing tummy time with Avery but it was bedtime and she was hungry and tired, so she was fussing. I told him it probably wasn't a good time for tummy time. Aubrey then reminded Daddy "tummy time is not a good idea right now Daddy." Such a little mommy.

Speaking of being a mommy... Avery was fussing the other day after I layed her down on the floor. I walked back over to her and said "do you just need Mommy right now?". Aubrey responded for her (she likes to do that), "no Avery wants her big sister". I still have to constantly remind this girl that I am Avery's mommy, not her!

Aubrey is really into pretending right now. She makes up all sorts of things to play. She is always telling me "I'm going to Target", or "We're going to the post office". It's so cute. She also is always wanting to play jewelery store or grocery store. She sets up the store and then Adalyn and I have to go shopping. She is definitely our make believe girl!

Often at dinner (okay every night) we have to keep reminding the girls to eat. They will sit there forever and talk and talk and forget to eat. Tonight was no exception. Aubrey was counting the balloons on her cup over and over. At first we encouraged it, and then Jeff finally said "that's enough counting, you need to eat". She tried to argue as always does and then she finally said "but counting is good Daddy." We had to contain our laughter on that one.
I know there are a bunch I am forgetting so as I remember I may come back and add some more!

0 comments: