It's been awhile since I have written down some of the things the girls have been saying and doing and they are full of funny ones that I don't want to forget. So here are some good ones!
Aubrey:
On Thanksgiving our friend whose house we were at, asked Aubrey if she had a booster seat like her daughters at home. Aubrey's response: "I don't have a home". Oh dear. This happened not only once but twice. While we were buying some new bedroom furniture the sales lady was coloring with the girls while we were filling out paper work. The lady asked Aubrey if she had crayons at her house and again her response was "I don't have a home". Poor girl! Does she really think she doesn't have a home. Makes me sad!
Since we have lived in the hotel every time anyone opens the closet door that is in the entry Aubrey yells "Oh no, there's a bear in the closet." Every now and then there happens to also be a monster in there.
Everytime we go to the new house to check on it, Aubrey takes her purse and baby and set's up her "office" in the office. She says "I gotta do my work". She has business cards, and all sorts of random papers in her purse that she has collected and insists on carrying them all around. So funny. Also, several times we have found different babies or barbies in time out already in the new house. Our realtor got a really big kick out of this!
Adalyn:
Adalyn is in love with this Dora backpack that she got for her birthday. Every time we leave she asks for me to help her put it on but she says "put this on my front". Obviously she means her back, but it cracks me up!
Right after Adalyn was potty trained she started wanting to have some privacy while she was going to the bathroom. She used to say to me "get out of here". I quickly put a stop to that and asked her to instead to say "privacy please". So now, when she decides she wants to be alone on the potty in her super cute little voice she says "privacy please mommy". I love it!
Jeff has taught Adalyn the cutest thing ever! He always asks her "how much does daddy love you", and she stretches her arms out so wide and says "dis much". Then he asks her "how much do you love Daddy" and again in her super cute voice she replies "With all my haawt". It is precious!
Anytime we ask the girls what we should name the baby, or if they like a certain name Adalyn's instant response is "Abigail!". She really wants us to name her baby sister Abigail for some reason.
On another note, we are two days away from moving in the house and I couldn't be more ecstatic. It's been a rough few weeks here, and I have been feeling down on myself as a mother. Especially when I hear comments from my girls about not having a home or wanting to go to our "old home in Cawifornia". I know they are resilient and life will be its new normal soon. Us three girls have been butting heads quite a lot lately, and they hardly have gotten to do anything fun. No crafts going on here, hardly any teaching from me and our discipline routine is all out of whack. I know we all have to have grace with each other but I hope these girls know I love them more than they will ever know and forgive me for all of my recent not so good mommy moments! Now on to getting settled and getting us all ready for #3's arrival in only a short 8 weeks. Yikes!
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Silly Sayings from the Skains Girls!
Posted by The Skains Family at 6:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love all the girl's little sayings:) Hope all the transition ends soon- you will definantly be moving in during nesting time. I am sure your house will be put together perfectly in no time! I love the name Abigail- I had a baby doll named Abigail when I was little (I always thought I'd use it one day- funny it never really came up when we were naming the girls, but it was my mother-in-law's only name she mentioned with all our girls). Can't wait to hear what your choice is! Hang in there, hope this time goes by quickly- don't worry you are a wonderful mother (I don't do crafts or much teaching and I am not living in a hotel;) Praying for you! Love you lot's!
Sarah
Hi Kristy! Don't you think you and Jeff could try to NOT plan a big move when you're at the end of a pregnancy? Just kidding--God's timing is never ours, is it? I think you are awesome for living in a hotel with two little ones and surviving so well. I think you'll look back at these weeks and laugh, and it's great that you've written down these funny things. Also, I think you totally deserve some "me time" once you get moved in to the house before baby #3 arrives!
Carole
Post a Comment