We have had some great and romantic anniversary celebrations in the past. And we have had some not so romantic anniversaries as well. I would have to put #7 in the "not so romantic" category most definitely. Although our circumstances didn't allow for much romance, I am still blessed with a Godly man who loves me way more than I deserve and have had a wonderful 7 years with him and raising our family. I couldn't feel more blessed with this life God has given me and I am beyond grateful to have such a wonderful man to share it with.
Our anniversary was on Monday and it was our first anniversary that we didn't have an official date night. Jeff came "home" with a beautiful bouquet of roses and sunflowers, and we put the girls down early, ordered Carrabas to go and rented a movie, Letters to Juliet. We crammed into our little room, set up 2 coffee tables and "enjoyed" a sort of quiet dinner (between the girls interruptions)and watched our movie. We laughed a bunch at ourselves and our situation and it was definitely an anniversary that we will never forget. We really had a big laugh when our movie stopped working half way through, so we didn't even get to watch the whole movie! Maybe we will squeeze a date night in once we are settled and before baby. Jeff did buy me a beautiful copper vase that I know will look perfect in our house if we ever get to move in. He is so cute, every year he buys me the traditional anniversary gift. Year 7 is copper. Love his creativity!
Here we are on our "date night"! Haha.
My beautiful bouquet.
And guess what else we did on our anniversary? We bought a house! We techinally closed the day after, but all the documents are dated on Nov. 22. So we are homeowners again. Now if we could only move in. We were supposed to move in on Monday, but it looks like it won't happen til Thursday, December 2nd. Ouch!
Here are the girls on their new stairs. This is what they are excited about most in their new house. Everytime we talk about our new house Adalyn says "I have stairs in my new house". It will provide lots of entertainment, I'm sure.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
7 Fabulous Years of Marraige
Posted by The Skains Family at 6:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment