Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our Cute Little Bugs On Halloween

Halloween was so fun this year! The girls LOVED wearing their costumes, so I was so happy when a friend threw a little party on friday for all the kiddos and the girls got to wear their costumes more than once. Here are a few pictures from the party.

Posing for mommy before the party started.


Painting Pumpkins.



Most of the kiddos. I don't know why mine decided to squat down, but it's the best we could do.


Aubrey's favorite part. She talked about holding "Buzz Lightyear's" hand all day. Daddy didn't really appreciate it, but I thought it was cute. Plus Owen is such a sweet little guy!



And then it was finally time for Halloween. That morning when we got up before church, I asked the girls if they knew what today was. Aubrey response: "I get to wear my costume today". That evening we went to our church for the annual Hallapalooza, and my parents and my Papaw joined us for the craziness! It gets crazier every year there. There were SO many people! We had so much fun though and both girls really got the hang of playing the games. They were so cute. Jeff was such a good Daddy and helped them with just about every game. After church we went home and let the girls go trick or treating to a few houses down our street. By this time Aubrey was bouncing off the walls and talking a mile a minute. When I opened the van door to get her out at home a lady walked by our drive way and Aubrey yelled out the door to her "Trick or treat lady"! If you know my reserved child you know that this is so not her. It made me laugh so hard! Then we began trick or treating. A few different times as we were walking down the sidewalk Aubrey said to both of us "I havin so much fun!". So cute, and just made us smile. Both girls were really into and figured out you had to say "trick or treat" and "thank you". As soon as Aubrey got her candy in her bag at every house she would turn to Jeff and I and say "just a couple more okay." We eventually had to say "no more" at 8:30, and we headed home to enjoy a couple pieces of candy before a really late bedtime! They had a really good time and have been playing "trick or treat" at home ever since. The next morning when I got Aubrey up she said "I have Halloween again when I move to Texas". Oh that girl and the funny things she says!

All dressed up and ready for the fun!



Playing some games.




The family pictures.




Dancing with Daddy. Our church has some fabulous musicians so once again they had an amazing band playing.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Cutest family pictures EVER! Miss you guys!!!

SarahRJohnston said...

Love the family picture too! I think the last picture is just precious! I hope we are trick or treating in TX next year too:) I was telling Avalyn about visiting you in Houston some day, she can't wait to play with the girls!