Ava is a sweet sweet little baby girl who is only 5 weeks old. I have never met this little girl, but she is in need of a miracle that only our Sovereign God can perform. I just heard about this family on Wednesday. Her parents names are Trisha and Aron and they go to our church. As of last Sunday, just a week ago, this baby girl was home with her mommy and daddy and they were well on their way to figuring out life as a family of three. Tuesday morning her breathing became labored so they took her to the ER. Later that day she was put in the NICU with a heart condition. I don't really have the details of what's wrong with her heart, but she is in need of open heart surgery but her oxygen levels are too low for her to survive. So they were hoping that in the next couple of weeks that she would get stronger, her oxygen levels would go up and she could get the surgery. Then a couple of days later they found out that she has bleeding on her brain now, and if she survives she will have mental complications for the rest of her life. It seems that each day they are getting more and more devastating news. Now they don't even know if she will make it through the week. Now remember, this has all happened in a couple of days. A week ago they were home, all was fine and now they don't know if their precious new baby will make it longer than a few days. My heart is so broken for them. I knew of this family from a friend, but this morning our pastor shared this story with our church. I haven't been able to get them off my mind all day and I feel like I have been in a constant state of prayer, praying for a miracle all day. On Tuesday I am going to take them a warm, home cooked meal up to the hospital since it's so difficult for them to leave their child's side, but again I haven't met them. I am realy nervous just because I have NO idea what you say to a family facing this. So I am asking for all of you reading to please please pray for a miracle for this sweet sweet girl who hasn't even had a chance to fight, pray for this mommy and daddy as they are trying to make it moment by moment with the awful pain and chance of loosing their only daughter, and to also pray for me as I meet them and deliver them a meal. For me to have the right words to say and that God would use me in anyway He needs. Thanks friends and prayer warriors! As I hear more I will post an update.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am praying with you! So sad, I can't imagine- especially being so sudden. Thanks for sharing. I am sure God will give you just the right words to say. You probably don't even need to say much, the meal you are taking is sure to be a sweet blessing. You are pregnant, so I can imagine how emotional it will be see such a little one so sick- I am always way more emotional when I am pregnant (on top of being an emotional person), but God will give you the strength. I went to a funeral for a friend's 8 week old when I was pregnant with Avalyn, probably one of the most difficult things I have ever done (Kyle was deployed on top of everything)- the supernatural Strength that only God can give to this precious family was an amazing encouragement, there wasn't much needed to say in words. I LOVE you lot's!
Post a Comment