The girls Cinderella Party was a complete success. We had a blast preparing for it and even more fun celebrating. We had it at the park in Del Mar which is one of our favorite spots in San Diego. Unfortunately when we pulled up the temperature was 59 degrees and slightly drizzling. Seriously?!? It's August right? The drizzling didn't last long at all, but the temperature didn't get much warmer and the clouds never left. Of course 3 miles inland it was in the 70's and gorgeous. Oh well, that didn't stop it from being a great day.
The girls had a blast playing with their friends, eating lots of cake and cookies, and of course opening their presents. My very talented friend Danielle, made them a fabulous Cinderella cake. It turned out great. She managed to make the cake, bring it to the party, set it up, all while still being mommy to a 3 year old and a 6 month old. Pretty impressive! I also bought them these super cute Cinderella dresses to wear for their party, but unfortunately they were covered up most of the day by their jackets, boo hoo. It was such a fun day and we are so thankful for all of our family and friends that helped us celebrate our sweet girls turning two and three!
The birthday girls. Bundled up and ready for the party to start.
I made these wand sugar cookies. They turned out cute and all the kids loved them. I also had these wands for each child to take home. Little did I realize that they would be turned into swords. Oops, sorry moms!
The gorgeous cake. The other side had a two with Adalyn's name.
Our friends that came to celebrate. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of everyone. I even forgot to get one of Nana and Papaw. For the record, they were there.
Presents!
Time to eat the yummy cake!
This is while we were singing to them.
Our family.
Nana and Papaw got the girls a new doll house. After a VERY short rest time (too excited for naps I guess), Jeff put the house together for them. They love it and have been playing with it nonstop!
Monday, August 16, 2010
Cinderella Birthday Party
Posted by The Skains Family at 1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
happy birthday sweet girls! love their dresses, the cake and everything else!
Post a Comment