Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Sweet Adalyn

So all of my other three children have gotten a post all to themselves except for Adalyn so I thought she was more than deserving of her own little update!

This girl just puts a smile on my face. She is such a fun girl and so much fun to be around. Jeff always tells her "I'm going to miss four year old Adalyn". It's the truth. She says so many cute things that always have us giggling right along with her. She loves doing school with mommy. She has started to learn how to read and she is picking it up very quickly. Making mommy proud! This girl has a crazy memory and is so so great at memorizing Bible verses. We have ten posted on our wall in the school room that we have been working on. She can just rattle them off with no problem. She loves to play "dance class", "church" or "choir". She is the teacher and she tells her little class what to do. It always makes me laugh. The other day she was playing "church" and reading to her "students". This is what she said: "Okay kids. Jesus is the way and the truth okay." Haha, that's part of one of our Bible verses we have memorized. I love it!

This morning we had to go drop Jeff's jeep off at the shop, so we all hopped in the van in our pj's and it was pretty cold out. As Adalyn was buckling up she kept saying "it's so soakin cold!". So funny!

The other night, as I was making dinner the big girls were arguing about something. Adalyn started yelling at Aubrey and I told her to stop. Her response "Well I'm trying to tell her something and she just keeps erupting me." :)

This happened during Christmas time but it was so funny I didn't want to forget it. Adalyn and I were listening to "What Child is this" and I was telling her that Mary must have been so scared when she found out she was having a baby. Adalyn asked why and I told her because she was young and not married. Adalyn's response: "Oh thats not good!". Oh, I laughed about this one for days!

Although she has come out of her shell a lot in the last few months, she is still pretty shy. She does not like attention on her at all! She is a lot like mommy in that way.  If she says something funny and other people are around and we start laughing she covers her face and fights off tears. We have to be really sensitive to not embarrass this girl. 

There are so many more! I'm going to have to come back and add more as I remember them.

This girl loves to dance. More than anything! Her dance class is what she looks forward to all week. For example if it is a Thursday she will say "Today, is Thursday and then it's Friday and then it's Saturday and Daddy gets to stay home, and then it's Sunday and then it's Monday and then IT'S TUESDAY AND I GET TO GO TO DANCE CLASS!". She does this almost daily. She constantly dances around the house, or she puts cd's in her cd player in her room and just dances and dances (Avery has joined in now). I think we may be doing dance for awhile. 

Adalyn Ella is just a sweet sweet girl, who loves to cuddle and seems to always need "just one more kiss and hug mommy!". She definitely has her moments of throwing herself on the floor or crossing her arms and stomping her foot when she doesn't want to do something, but she tries really hard to make good choices. She is a great helper, she loves to help her little sister and brother, she is a Daddy's girl most definitely, she loves to read books (and the stories she "reads" are hysterical!), she loves to sing her choir songs for us and she really loves to play with her friends. She is growing up so very fast and I just am trying to cling to all the cute things she says and the cute way she says them. She always tells me she wants to be a mommy teacher like me and several times a day she says "mommy, I love you and you're pretty." I love this little girl of mine and I can't wait to watch her grow up to a beautiful young girl. I pray often for her heart, that she will learn to love God with all of her heart and that she will be a devoted follower of Him.





0 comments: