This girl is so precious to my heart. She is my first born, most of the time she is our experiment, she is meant to be an example to all her littles, she is my helper, my rule follower, my dramatic one, definitely a girly girl and she has such a kind heart. I have poured my heart and soul into this girl of mine since the moment she was mine. I love her with every ounce of my being and being her mommy is one of the greatest gifts I have ever received. She is growing up so quickly and somewhere along the way she began turning into a young lady and not my baby anymore. Yesterday I had one of those moments with her that made my heart almost burst! I knew if I didn't stop what I was doing and write it down it may get lost in my brain that is crammed with way too much stuff to keep up with anymore! Last night as I was making dinner she came downstairs with her Bible and sat at the table and began "reading" it out loud. (She is making huge steps in learning to read by the way). She said a bunch of cute things that just had me smiling the whole time I was making dinner. But this part is what stood out to me the most. "
God is our Father and He made everything and
we are His children. Christmas is about Jesus being born, not about
presents, not about Santa. Easter is about Jesus being alive, not about
eggs or the Easter Bunny. And that is
the truth." I was pretty proud and told Aubrey how much I loved her and
she was a pretty smart girl. She told me "Well you taught me it all
Mommy. Oh and I learned a lot at church too!".
I mean how could I not beam with pride for my first born after that. I have spent countless hours praying for her, worrying that she wasn't learning enough or quickly enough or that she wasn't always interested in learning about the Bible. I have learned along this mothering pathway that I must fill my own self up with God's truth and love by spending time with Him (which doesn't happen enough I must admit), in order to be capable of filling my forever needy children up all day. It's exhausting to be needed every second of the day, to never get much of a break and at times I feel like I am not at all doing a good job. I complain too much, I'm not thankful enough even though I know this time with them is so short and God gave them to me to minister into their little hearts. So when I moment like this happens I can't help but stop what I'm doing, grab my sweet girl and hug her so very tight, and thank God that His truths are pouring into her heart. I can see her little brain working, trying to figure it all out and I'm hopeful that it won't be long til she is ready to be apart of His forever family.
I'm just a thankful and proud mommy today. I love my children more than it is even possible to say, and I serve a loving Father who wants nothing more than for me to love Him in return and to teach others about Him. I am beyond thankful that He entrusted Jeff and I with these four souls to teach, to train, to guide, to love and most importantly to lead them to Him.
These cute pictures where taken a couple of months ago on a Mommy Daughter date to the mall. I never got around to blogging it but it was such a fun day with just me and my girl (and Landon tagged along too but he let us have our girl time!)
This picture puts a smile on my face. Everytime she went around on the carousel to where I was standing she would sign "I love you" to me. How precious is that!
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
What a sweet girl and a sweet post. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment