We have been doing a few fun things at home lately. I came across this blog a couple of months ago and they always have fun ideas for kids. I haven't had a chance to try too many of them yet but I'm always inspired. Play at home Mom. But here are a couple of things we did try and were both a big hit with the girls! Playing with water beads. They were entertained by these little things for days!
After just playing with the beads for awhile it soon turned into a make believe game. They were friends and they kept "calling" each other on the phone ordering cakes from each other. No idea where that came from but it makes me heart happy when I hear their imaginations at work! Here they are making cakes. And this is what Avery was up to while her sisters where enthralled with the water beads. She definitely was having her own fun! I came across this Window Art Project on the same blog. Unfortunately I didn't quite get the right beads so it didn't turn out right but they had so much fun doing it anyways. I just ordered the right kind of beads (ones that are transparent so the light shines through them when we hang them in the window) so we will try this again and I will share the finished product. But here they are, work in progress. A couple of weeks ago we broke out the pools. All three have had a blast. I really really wish we had a real pool in our backyard, but I guess this will have to do. They even had fun watering the garden which as you can see has been growing quite a bit! We did some letter recognition and sounds review with salt. This was a big hit! There has been lots of playing at our house, lots of learning and blessings all around. As Kindergarten is just around the corner for sweet Aubrey Claire and our Pre-k year is wrapping up she has learned so very much and we are so proud of her. I am so excited to get more and more into home schooling and to watch my girls learn and grow even more. I'm very thankful that this is the path that God has chosen for our family!Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















1 comments:
hmmm. the water beads would be a big hit over here, i bet. and playing pretend...i get to hear alot of crazy pretend play and it always makes me smile. :)
Post a Comment