So this final post may get me officially caught up, at least for a couple of days. Isn't that how it always is???
We have been busy around here, having fun, learning new things and of course making fun memories!
We have been playing outside a bunch lately. The weather has been gorgeous most days this month so we have really taken advantage of that. Flip flops is January? I'll take it!




And of course we have picked right back up with school, trucking right along!


Aubrey has her name down but she loves to write it over and over. Now we are working on Adalyn's. Here they are practicing writing their names and other letters. I seriously love teaching my girls. It is such a complete joy watching them learn new things and enjoy every part of it. 
Aubrey informed us a few weeks ago that if she brings her Bible with her to Sunday School she gets to choose an extra treasure from the Treasure Box. Right after she was born her Nan and Bop bought her a little Bible with her name engraved on it. So we gave it to her to take with her to church 2 weeks ago. We also gave Adalyn her's that Nan and Bop gave her as well. Well these girls been carrying them around with them everywhere they go since that Sunday. They even keep them in their night stands on some nights. Aubrey especially is always "reading" her's and carries it with her in her little purse. She is constantly asking us to read certain pages and how can we say no to that. So here is a little picture of Daddy reading it with her. 
A couple funny things that they have said!
Adalyn:
After bedtime the other night I went to tell the girls to calm down, stop talking and go to sleep. Adalyn's response" But Mommy I was talking to Belle on the phone and she told me that they Beast was there and he wasn't being mean." That girl has such an imagination and she is always making us laugh.
The girls were upstairs playing the other night as I was making dinner. I heard Adalyn say "Oh no my kid died". I then went and talked to them and asked them not to play like that. I really don't want them talking about all their babies dying, that's kind of weird! Well she got me back because she said "Oh guess what! Jesus just came and healed her. My kid isn't dead anymore!". What? I laughed for a few hours over this one. We had just read the story of Jesus healing the dead girl and bringing her back to life recently so she apparently was listening very well!
Aubrey:
The girls were playing "family" the other day. This is where usually Aubrey is the mommy (miss little bossy), and Adalyn is the kid or another mommy. They had put their kids to bed and Adalyn had said it was time to go for them to go to bed also. Aubrey responded with: "Adalyn, we are mommies and mommies and daddies don't go to bed when kids do". I guess she is on to us!
Adalyn got a Baby Alive for Christmas. She took it with us as we went to dance the other day. On the way home she had it on and talking the whole time, which I have to admit, got a bit annoying. Aubrey asked her a few times to turn it off because she couldn't hear the music. Finally when we got home Aubrey said "Adalyn, please turn your kid off! If you do I promise I will do something special for you!", this said in a very aggravated voice. The first reason that this made me laugh was the fact that they always call their dolls, kids. It seriously always makes me laugh. Even when they play "family" they call each other "kid", not by a name. The second reason this made me laugh was because she was trying to bribe her little sister to stop doing something. Do you think just maybe she has picked up on some bribing that Mommy does from time to time? Oops!
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Just a Little of This and Little of That...
Posted by The Skains Family at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment