Tuesday, December 7, 2010

We made it!

We are here, moved into our house and life, once again, is good! Now I said we are moved in, but not at all settled. We have 7 1/2 weeks before baby girl will be here, so it is time to bust it and get this house unpacked and as decorated as much as I can before we bring her home. I have been working like crazy and it's coming together quite nicely. I love love love our new house and can't wait for it to look more like our home. At that point I will share pictures. Right now we are living among boxes everywhere!

The girls are more than thrilled to have a home again and to have all their things back. They have been completely entertained as we have unpacked their toys. It was so funny, because with each toy we unpacked it was as if they were receiving a present. They were in heaven! I'm trying to get everyone back to normal and back on a schedule. Adalyn kind of fell off the potty trained wagon so we need to tackle one again. Sticker charts are going back up and life in the Skains house will hopefully be to our new normal soon! Every day at lunch, dinner and bedtime as we are praying both the girls always have to throw in our prayer "thank you for our new house". They really are thankful and happy! Here are some pics of the girls enjoying their new house.

It didn't take long for them to discover all of their books.


It was a very exciting moment when the girls watched the movers carry their doll house in their new house.


And of course the dress up clothes have been thrown all over the house as new outfits are made.



But the favorite and most missed toy by far were the strollers. It was a VERY happy moment when Daddy found them in the garage. This is the one toy Aubrey has continued to ask us about from the moment the moving van pulled away in San Diego.


And...at last... it's time to break out the Christmas crafts. These girls have missed their craft time so we need to catch up. First craft of the season were these adorable Christmas trees.




0 comments: