And we are full swing into celebrating and preparing for Christmas. I really didn't think I would be able to squeeze it all in, but I think we managed. Picture with Santa...check. Decorating Christmas cookies...check. Christmas lights tour...check. And Christmas crafts...check. So here are our bazillion pictures of the Skains family preparing for Christmas!
I got these little wooden Christmas trees for the girls to paint at Hobby Lobby for $1. Oh how I love hobby lobby and how terribly I missed it. The day we painted them Aubrey had a stomach bug and she wasn't quite herself, so we finished decorating them the next day.
Decorating Christmas cookies is an all time favorite. The girls were in heaven!
Eating the finished product...the best part!
Our Christmas lights tour this year was great. Luckily we ran into a neighbor on the way out of our driveway and they told us about a house down the street that had trains, and all sort of fun stuff for the kids. The girls loved it and Jeff and I of course love watching them get so excited! As we were driving around looking at more houses about every 5 minutes Adalyn would say "I really like elephants". We just kept laughing at her and her randomness!
We have really been trying to teach the girls the real reason we celebrate Christmas and about the birth of Jesus. Every time we pass this house in our neighborhood with a nativity scene Adalyn says "I see baby Jesus and Joseph. What my daddy's name?". It cracks me up everytime. We are so thankful and blessed by the birth of our Savior! Merry Christmas.
Friday, December 24, 2010
Christmas Is Almost Here
Posted by The Skains Family at 11:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment