Our bed time routine is pretty typical: brush teeth, bible stories, a couple of songs, and then we say a prayer. Jeff always asks Aubrey what she wants to thank God for. Sometimes she will answer something on her own, but she typically says the same thing that Jeff or I say. Well tonight when I asked her (Daddy was gone, so I did betime alone), she said "Umm, tank God for ocean". Now Daddy thanks God for the ocean all the time so that's why she said that. Then she asked me "Mommy, what tank God for?", and then "Alyn (Adalyn), what tank God for?". I answered, and then I asked if she wanted to tell God herself and pray. She always says no to this, but tonight she surprised me when she answered "sure"! Then she went on to say her very first prayer on her own...
"Tanch (thank) you God for ocean, Nana, Papaw and Gwanny (Granny)."
I told her I was so proud of her and she gave me a high five. I then told her that God loves it when she talks to Him and her answer made me laugh!
"Yeah, I yuv God".
Thank you God for my sweet girl and for all the laughs this little girl creates!
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Night Time Prayers
Posted by The Skains Family at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
that is so sweet!
Post a Comment