You would think a surprise trip to St. Lucia, then being surprised by our friends going with us would be enough for my 30th birthday. But the surprises kept on coming. Just after we got home, and I was feeling down and depressed about being home for vacation and missing the Wilson's, my very best friend came to San Diego and surprised me for my birthday weekend! The plan was for me and the girls to meet Jeff after work for dinner. The girls and I were already sitting at our table in the restaraunt when Jeff walked in and said "I have one more surprise for you, turn around."! And when I turned around Alicia was standing there, just smiling and saying happy birthday! My birthday keeps on going doesn't it! Alicia and I don't get much time together, so it was much needed! We had a blast laughing til our sides hurt and making new fun memories, and of course making plans for the future! Thanks Alicia for coming (and Jeff for keeping the secret) and celebrating my 30th with me! It made coming home that much sweeter.
The girls cuddling with Aunt Alicia.
And finally... my actual birthday. Which also happened to be super bowl sunday!
Just where I had always hoped I would be by 30... married to the man of my dreams and the mommy to two beautiful girls. God is good!
Cute picture!
Aubrey was supposed to say "cheese" before eating cake with Daddy, but as you can see she could not take her eyes off the cake, even for a quick pose. So funny!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
More Birthday Surprises!
Posted by The Skains Family at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
What a fun weekend! So glad to be with you two and the girls. Loved every moment.
Post a Comment