Thursday, October 2, 2014

Lynlee Noelle is Here


September 9th at 8:52 am our family officially grew to 7! It was a pretty eventful day and one that I will remember for the rest of my life. That moment when you first lay eyes on your precious newborn is a life changer, and the fifth time around proved to be no different.

The day began early for Jeff and I, as we had to be at the hospital at 7:00 am (which is close to an hour away from our house). And just like every time before I pretty much didn't sleep a wink the night before.

Here is my last pregnant picture. 39 weeks and heading to the hospital.
Here we go! About to meet our little girl.
She's here! Lynlee Noelle Skains... 8 pounds 12 ounces and just beautiful. Jeff kept saying over and over  "her hair is so dark! She has so much hair". I was anxiously waiting to see her for myself at this point.

 I finally got to see her and kiss her sweet cheeks. This beautiful girl took my breath away!
My c-section was a bit more complicated this time around, being the fifth one. I felt like I was in the OR forever after I saw Lynlee. Plus I was extremely uncomfortable, and had incredible pain in my shoulders from the gas they pumped my abdomen with. Ugh, it was not fun! They took her to recovery and waited for me while my Dr. finished up. Because of some of the complications I ended up loosing a little more blood than normal, which made the first two weeks of recovery pretty rough, and she also ended up tying my tubes...sigh. This one has been tough on me but I am so very very thankful for these 5 babies God blessed me with. It would just not be safe for my body to go through another c-section. Anyways, I finally made it to recovery with Jeff and Lynlee! And for the first time of all my babies, I actually got to watch the very first bath, and nurse within the first hour. That's never happened before and it was definitely an answer to prayer.

Another baby girl has Daddy wrapped around her finger already. Sweet sweet!


We had a few hours of rest in our room before all of Lynlee's siblings headed to the hospital to meet her for the first time.
Daddy introducing Lynlee!
 Love this one! All my loves.

 Our first picture as a family of 7!

The girls especially were so very excited to meet their new sister. They were just all smiles and giggles as they watched her. Landon, on the other hand, was a  little cautious and unsure about her, but he did give her a few kisses. So funny!



Granny and Pawpaw kept the other 4 for us while we were in the hospital so they got to come meet Lynlee.
Jeff once again got me a beautiful piece of jewelery. Now I have either a necklace or ring with each childs birthstone. Such a sweet gift and a special memory.
The next few days in the hospital were a little rough. Because of the loss of blood my blood pressure dropped pretty quickly a few times, resulting in me nearly blacking out and our room being flooded with nurses. But by Friday I started feeling a little better, a little less dizzy so luckily we were able to go home Friday afternoon. Here are a few pictures of our few days in the hospital.

We had a few visitors. The Wilsons also came but I never got a picture. Oops!
Melissa and Alina came a brought us breakfast.

And our Pastor came also and brought Jeff some lunch.
The kiddos came a few times to visit.



Lynlee had a bit of jaundice and we were told to put her on formula. But we had been down the jaundice road before with all the girls and never once did formula. So I stood my ground and said we would just stick to nursing. I pumped a bunch and waited for my milk to come in, so Jeff got to feed her a few times through a syringe of pumped milk. He loved that and it seemed to work because she only had to be under the blue lights for one day.
Just my sweet girl.


Time to head home!






We love you so very much Lynlee Noelle. You are a precious girl and a perfect gift from God. We are so thankful for you!


1 comments:

kuykendall_family said...

Congrats! So excited for you all!