Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A New School Year Has Begun

I can't believe we are officially starting our third year of home schooling! Time is flying by and we now have a first grader and a second grader. Our first week is now done and it went fairly smoothly. The most challenging part is definitely keeping up with Landon while we are trying to do school, and pretty soon we will have another little one also to add to the challenge. It's a constant balancing act over here! I really feel blessed to get to home school my kids though, and am truly thanking God constantly for leading us here. Not that it's not challenging, and not that it doesn't take a pretty big sacrifice on my part, but honestly it is all worth it and I wouldn't want it any other way.  It's been such a blessing for our family and I am really excited to get another year started. Jeff and I also had the privilege to get away alone for a few days a few weeks ago and we attended a big part of our home school convention here in The Woodlands. It was so great to really focus on each other and talk about the year ahead before we officially started. We were able to pray together a bunch and really sit and talk about what our hopes and prayers were for our family this year. Jeff has been such an amazing support to me and I'm just so thankful for him. It's really a mutual effort to pull this home schooling thing off and I couldn't do without a supportive and helpful husband.  We pray for these five sweet kiddos God has entrusted us with on a daily basis, that they will learn to trust Him as well, to follow Him wholeheartedly and be diligent learners and servants in our home. I am honored to be their mommy and their teacher and to be the one, along with Jeff, to teach them about the love of their Creator! Thank you God for this gift and we give our year to you. May we honor you in every part of our life.
Here are our oldest two cuties on their first day of school.


 And this is what he has done during our first week of school. He dumps out everything that has a billion pieces... and that's it. It takes us a good amount of time to pick up after this boy once we are done!

1 comments:

Melodie said...

Yay for another year! You can do it! You will do it and you'll do it well. I just know it!