Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Another Fun Visit with the Cousins

A couple of weeks ago my sister and her family came down for a visit and to celebrate the big girls birthdays. It was just a great weekend, an exhausting  weekend, but so much fun. Saturday morning we headed out to East End Park, which is just behind our neighborhood and meets up with Lake Houston, and we did a nice little walk/hike through the woods. 4 adults, 8 kids. So it sounded fun in theory, but keep in mind it was August... in Houston... and I was 36 weeks pregnant at the time. Oh dear! Also, this pregnancy has been a lot harder than the other 4. I have been pretty uncomfortable for weeks now, plus I have contractions all throughout the day. So walking through the woods, with a rather large baby inside, with the incredible heat and humidity plus contractions was probably not the best decision I ever made. But I survived and it was a funny memory! But it didn't stop there. We came home and ate pizza and then headed to the pool. Landon and I stayed behind for a bit so he could nap, then it was home to make tacos for dinner (it's quite the process cooking and making meals for 4 adults and 8 kids!). We had a little "party" for the girls on Saturday night. It worked out well since we didn't do a birthday party this year, and I kind of think 8 kids celebrating you is pretty much a party! Here are the very few pictures that I got while they were here.




 Opening presents.


 When the girls were giving thank you hugs, Landon decided to join in and hug everyone as well.
 Cake time!
They wanted a "Frozen" cake, so I ordered one from a friend of mine that makes cakes, but then the figurines didn't really fit. Oh well, it was still cute and delicious!




0 comments: