Our cute number two turned 6 last week! I can hardly believe it. I really feel like she just grew up all of a sudden. Just yesterday she was my cute little three year old, saying the funniest things, I could carry her around on my hip and her little chubby cheeks were just too much! And now here we are, watching her turn 6 and starting 1st grade. This girl is such an incredible little girl though. She is a bright spot in our family and still always has funny things to say. She is shy as shy can be around other people, but when it's just our family she is a crack up. She has a great imagination, she loves music and love to sing and make up songs, she loves to make up stories and tell them to Jeff and I, she DOES NOT like to write (this is new since starting school apparently. She tells me every day "I do not like to write!"), she loves to be outside and riding her bike and her very favorite thing to do is swim. She has become a pro swimmer this summer, especially for not having any lessons. I mean the girl has amazing form! She is also such a great helper most of the time, and often asks me what she can help me with. She actually enjoys putting laundry away and emptying the dishwasher (not sure how long this will last so I'm just going to enjoy the fact that right now, she does). She is most definitely a little people pleaser like her mommy and in fact takes after me in most of her personality. Funny story... at church on Sunday when they printed off her name tag, they also printed off a "Happy Birthday" sticker. After church Aubrey told me that she took it off and threw it away before she got to her class because she didn't want anyone to know it was her birthday. Ha! I seriously can't stand to be the center of attention. It stresses me out. My wedding day, wedding showers, baby showers, even my birthday when I was young were very stressful to me. Just makes me laugh that this little girl can be so much like me.
So on her actual birthday all that she really requested was that she wanted to go swimming. Because I was 34 weeks pregnant and don't really enjoy taking everyone swimming alone, we waited til later in the afternoon when Jeff could go with us. We spent our morning playing at the indoor park at a nearby church (always a favorite), we came home for lunch and then while Landon napped all three girls played with legos for probably a good two hours. She got new legos from her sisters and it was apparently a highlight of her day. Then we headed to the pool and even ordered pizza at the pool for dinner per the birthday girls request.
She begged and begged that morning to open one present, and she wanted to open the one from her siblings. How could we say no, so after a yummy breakfast of bacon and egg tacos made by Daddy, we let her open that present.
Telling her siblings thank you.
Landon has one thing on his mind when he wakes up, and that is food. He wasn't too interested in what was going on with his sisters.
Then off to the indoor park.
I didn't really take many pictures swimming because, well, we were swimming. So here's one!
Then we came home for dessert and presents. She asked for a key lime pie this year, but then she didn't like it. I felt so bad!
Oh and she did open one more from us before we went swimming. We got her a new cd player for her room which made her very happy!
Getting some birthday spankings from Daddy.
Happy Birthday!!
Jeff and I with our birthday girl.
We love you sweet Adalyn Ella. Happy happy birthday!


1 comments:
Oh my. She's 6. That's so big, huh? Loved seeing the picture of the birthday spankings. She's a cutie!
Post a Comment