But I blinked again and this sweet boy turned one.
He is such a blessing. Seriously, he is just sweet as can be. I have hard time not kissing his cheeks all day long, and cuddling him all the time because he is just the greatest little cuddler. His little personality is definitely starting to blossom these days, and he yells really loud when he wants something or when one of his sisters is messing with him. Those girls love to hug and kiss him a little too much, so sometimes just if they starting walking over to him he starts with his yelling. It's kind of funny and kind of really annoying! He is finally ditching the army crawl and going for the real deal. He is fast and I can't glance away for too long. It is not uncommon for me to yell to anyone listening "Uh oh, does anyone see Landon". Not good, I know! He is pulling up now on everything, but he can't seem to get down on his own, and that's when that funny/annoying yell comes into play, meaning he needs some help to let go. He still loves his Daddy and pretty much tries to jump out of my arms anytime he sees him. I love this boy to pieces and the fact that my baby hit that one year milestone just might have led this mommy to shed a few tears. It's bitter sweet for me. I love watching all the new things he is learning, he gives the best cuddles and his tight hug around my neck melts me! Every. Single. Time! But I sure miss the itty bitty stage where I could just snuggle him as long as I wanted to. That part is gone, but ahead of me is watching this boy of mine blossom into a strong man of God.
The morning of his birthday it was just him and I. The girls were at Super Friday so we enjoyed some one on one time, and I got to take some pictures of my cute boy with nobody else trying to hang on me. Although I had a hard time getting any good ones. Most of them were like this... (excuse the muffin top, ha! I thought shirtless pics with jeans would be cute. I quickly put his shirt back on).
Or this... he was really into getting anything into his mouth he could get!
About the only good one I got is the one I posted at the top.
Eating breakfast together. It was nothing special this time around. Sorry buddy! Oops.
That afternoon, we tried another fun little photo shoot. This time Jeff was there to help and it went much better. He thoroughly loved his cupcake!
After dinner, we opened some presents. So this part was a little stressful! Ha, I mean a lot of things around our home are stressful. Things never really go as you think they will right. Well Aubrey had got sick earlier, and literally while we were eating dinner, she threw up. During presents she was feeling better and NOBODY would leave poor Landon alone or let him play with his toys. But he seemed to have a fun time, mommy and daddy on the other hand... we will just say we were ready to get those girls to bed after presents.
This is a little tiny tiny glimpse of Landon being grabbed, and another child sneaking off with a present. Oh my!Landon getting some help opening presents.
A ball and a car. Perfect presents for this boy with three sisters.
After presents we sang to our boy and the two middle girls enjoyed some cake before we called it day. Poor Aubrey finished off the day still throwing up, literally while we were singing "happy birthday". Always an adventure around here!
Happy Birthday sweet Landon Jeffrey. We loved celebrating you!
Landon, our prayer for you is that you
grow into a warrior for the Lord and that you become a wholehearted
follower of Him! We love you sweet boy. Happy Birthday


0 comments:
Post a Comment