Thursday, August 22, 2013

10 Months




2 more months and my little baby boy will be one. I feel like I’m hanging on to every last bit of baby time I can get, and I know it’s a blessing, to have this little growing baby boy, but I’m so sad that this is it. Every night before I go to bed, I go check on my sweet baby boy, and every night he seems to get bigger and bigger in his crib. Sometimes I stay for a while, just staring at him, thanking God for him, praying for him, and realizing that the babyness will soon be gone and instead an active little toddler will take it’s place. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t wait to see him as a toddler and experience so many new firsts with him, but since he is most likely my last baby I’m just trying to hang on to the sweet baby smells, and the sweet baby cuddles, and those sweet chubby kissable baby cheeks, and the sweet baby slobbery kisses that he is just learning how to do. I love him!


So all that to say, our little guy is 10 month old now! He is just a happy boy, for the majority of each day. He isn’t fond of getting his diaper changed, because that means he has to lay still for a short period of time. He is a busy boy! He wants to be on the floor most of the time with his toys, so he can scoot and army crawl around. He isn’t too crazy about his jumper right now, because he would rather be on the move. And he isn’t too crazy about me feeding him with a spoon anymore because he would rather feed himself. We are kind of in that transition from spoon fed, to finger foods (which is not a favorite of mine). He babbles a lot, and is often babbling mama. He loves me too! He now has four teeth and likes to bite everything, and just had one more barely pop through. He is at that stage where nothing is safe around him! He is fast, and is usually after the exact thing he isn't supposed to have.  He is just a giggly, strong busy boy. I’m so so thankful for him. He brings so much laughter in our home, and you can’t help but smile when you look at him. He is my cuddler, and when I get him up in the mornings or at naptime he just hugs me so tight. I love it. Aubrey honestly, can just make him giggle the most. She is so good with him, although she often over steps and tries to play mommy WAY too often. But these two sure love each other. Oh Landon Jeffrey, you have my heart sweet boy. 





0 comments: