The birthday girl insisted on making ALL the plans for her day! Ha ha! It's funny to watch birthdays change over the years and how they really start to take ownership of their day. She wanted to start her day with cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Here are all four enjoying a birthday breakfast. I assure you there were tons of pictures taken of this moment and this was the best we got. Yikes!
She was very anxious to open her presents from Nana and Papaw so that was the first hing she wanted to do after breakfast.
And Nana and Papaw did not disappoint as you can see in this picture!
She loved her card from Adalyn!
Then, after we got ready, and Landon took a little nap we headed to none other than Pei Wei for lunch. She still loves that place.
She was freezing!
Such a good big sister, feeding her baby brother.
My sweet birthday girl.
Then we headed over to Chuck E Cheese to play games. I put a smile on my face and endured it for the birthday girl. They had a blast!
She loved this game, especially because she played it with Daddy. She is a Daddy's girl, without a doubt.
A little sisterly competition!
Then home for more presents (and a frozen pizza, not kidding, that was her request). Adalyn picked this coloring "dog" for Aubrey because she has had one for awhile and Aubrey always wants to color with her. She was so excited. Both of them were!
She really did ask us for a family picture for her room. That's what she wanted for her birthday so we made it happen. Ha!
A few months ago she started making a "Family Book", all on her own and during rest time in her room. She worked so hard on it and she was so proud of it, so I had it made into a photo book. She was thrilled and I know it will be a special little treasure we will always keep.
Our sweet six year old.
So the week of her birthday we had granite installed which meant I had no sink or stove for two days. Because of that I never had a chance to make a cake. Luckily she was fine with an ice cream cone and the cake waited until the birthday party!
Aubrey Claire,
Daddy and I are so very proud of the beautiful and kind young lady you are becoming. You have such a sweet spirit and always willing to help your family out when we need it. I pray for you daily, that you will learn to trust God more and more and that one day you are a wholehearted follower of Him. You are such a hard worker and learning so many new things. I can't wait to see what this year holds for you. I love you sweet girl!

0 comments:
Post a Comment