Here we are, a week and a half away from my oldest turning six, and she lost her very first tooth! How can this be? Didn't I just come home from the hospital with my first little baby? Wasn't it just yesterday I was trying to figure out this motherhood thing? Tear... She is growing up right before my eyes and there is nothing I can do but embrace the next stage and look forward to the unknown. We never said anything about the tooth fairy, because honestly we couldn't decide what we were going to do about it. So the first night, she just left it on her dresser and carried it around with her (in a baggie) the whole next day. The next night, she said "I'm going to put it under my pillow and just see what happens". Again, we have never mentioned the tooth fairy to her. So the next night she put it under her pillow, and that whole night Jeff and I talked and talked about what we were going to do. We finally decided to just put something under her pillow and take the tooth and see what she would say or ask us and we would go from there. At 2:00 am I woke up with Aubrey standing next to my side of the bed crying. I asked her what was wrong ( I was a little startled because this child we very rarely see in the middle of the night). "I just checked under my pillow and my tooth is gone! There is two stuffs under my pillow now, but my tooth is gone!". Jeff and I calmly told her to go back to bed and we will talk about it in the morning. Then we both giggled a little! She came down crying in the morning and we told her the story of the tooth fairy, and that she takes your tooth but gives you something in return. Since we never really talked about the tooth fairy she had no idea her tooth would be gone. Oops! I probably should have informed her about that part. She wasn't satisfied with this answer, so Jeff went on to tell her that it's just pretend and that mommy has her tooth, and we pretended to be the tooth fairy last night. This story made her break out in smiles and she said "you still have my tooth!". Haha! Yep, sweet girl, we have your tooth. So I guess we aren't doing the tooth fairy.
Since it was her first tooth she got two dollars and a coupon for a family night to get frozen yogurt.
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Her First Tooth
Posted by The Skains Family at 8:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment