Now I use the term getaway very loosely, because we only went to Galveston to spend the day at Moody Gardens, but it was our first family trip since having Landon. I love love spending time with just my family and it was indeed a memorable and a fun trip.
They were so excited to stay in hotel. I mean, they were almost more excited about that then going to Moody Gardens!
First stop... seals. We all loved watching them! Even Landon was very intrigued.
If you have never been to Moody Gardens, then I highly recommend a trip. They have a wonderful aquarium!
Then penguin exhibit is amazing!
Then we headed over to the Rainforest. The girls loved this as well except for the heat and humidity. You would think they would start to get used to that living in Houston, but I guess not!
He was just a happy guy the whole time! Such a trooper.
I just thought this was a sweet moment. He is such a good Daddy.
And then I kind of got a little picture crazy (as if I wasn't already). The girls were into posing so I had to take advantage of the opportunity!
She just cracks me up! How old is she again?!?!
Aubrey and Avery wanted pictures taken of them too. This was Avery's version of putting her hands on her hips. Haha!
Now we had hoped that we would get two nights in a hotel but everything was unfortunately booked, so it was just one. And believe me, it was A LOT of work for just one night, but of course it was worth it. Yes, there were some very (Jeff might have said extremely) stressful times, and possibly some yelling at the kids, and maybe when we finally put all the kids to bed at the hotel Jeff and I sat in the bathroom with a glass of wine and a book to read, and the amount of stuff we dragged with us for ONE night might have possibly been a bit ridiculous, and the words "this is supposed to be fun" kind of became the motto of the weekend, but we made fun memories and I seriously can't wait for our next family trip!



































0 comments:
Post a Comment