Thursday, February 28, 2013

Just a Little Catch Up!

We have been up to all sorts of stuff the past few weeks, and one thing that I have learned since growing to a family of six, I can't possibly blog all that I want to anymore. So this post is a bunch of posts that I have been wanting to write all in one!

One big thing that has happened recently is that our sweet little boy turned four months old! I can't tell you in words how sweet this baby is. Honestly, I can't! He is so incredibly cute and I catch myself constantly just sitting there staring at him. He is my little distraction, but I'm totally okay with that. He has been talking and cooing so much lately and it just makes me smile. His smiles are contagious and constant. This boy has a smile on his face the majority of the day and I'm really not exaggerating. He has been grabbing at his toys hanging above him on his mat this week and trying to grab his feet. He just kicks and kicks and stares at his feet when he can. He also loves his hands, he loves the ceiling fan and he will do anything he can to look at the t.v. when it's on. His cheeks are irresistible, oh my goodness they are. Can you tell I'm in love! He just had his four month check up and he now weighs 14.6 pounds. He is definitely the biggest baby I have had and I love his cute little rolly thighs. He is a good little sleeper and just content. I'm a blessed mama indeed! Here are some cute pics of my boy.
 







We have been just trucking along with our school work, having fun doing crafts and  lots of time for playing. School has definitely been a little more difficult since our little guy has come along but I'm amazed how it doesn't seem to phase the big girls. They are both learning to read and doing so great. I'm amazed every week at how well they can memorize Bible verses, and they don't forget the ones from weeks before, it just keeps growing. Here are some pictures of some fun activities we have been doing the last few weeks.

Here they are counting, sorting, graphing, making patterns and making pictures with candy hearts on Valentines Day



This is our Fruits of the Spirit tree. It has been so fun putting "fruit" up here. The girls have been memorizing the fruits of the spirit verse, and then when any of us has done something special, showing a "fruit" we right it down and hang it on the tree. This has really been a fun family project!
This was another fun project. The girls were learning the order of the rainbow, and how to read and recognize color words.


Avery wanted to paint too of course!
We had fun this morning playing with water beads and making necklaces with water beads. This entertained them all day!






These pictures are just cute of my sweet two year old. She is full of personality these days, and full of being a two year old! She has started calling her sisters by name lately and it is precious. She calls Aubrey "Au bee" and Adalyn "Aya". She will just call Adalyn "Aya" over and over til she either looks at her or answers her. And she gets louder and louder. They are so cute together! She wants to be involved in everything we do now, and she can usually handle them okay. But there are definitely times when we do school that I just turn Elmo on for her. Her vocabulary is growing like crazy and I know before I know it she will be potty trained and having full conversations with me. Slow down sweet girl! She just had her two year check up and she now weighs 22 pounds and is the whopping 2 percentile. I love this sassy and spunky two year old of mine.











1 comments:

Melodie said...

major catch up post. love the picture of Landon in the tie onesie. :) and i need to learn where you bought the water beads. my boys would love those.