
Last weekend I had the opportunity to get away ALL BY MYSELF for three nights. It is really going to be hard for me to put into words what that weekend meant to me and what I took away from it. First of all, I hadn't been away for some girl time in almost 3 years and it was glorious. Second of all I attended my first Mom Heart Conference. I decided that every year I MUST go back! Now for those of you who aren't familiar with Mom Heart, it is pahttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifrt of the which is Sally Clarkson's family ministry. Sally Clarkson is an incredible writer and speaker to mothers. I was also able to spend some great quality time with two very dear friends of mine from San Diego. Man I needed that! I was introduced to Sally's books right after I had Adalyn and she has encouraged me and inspired me through her books ever since. But sitting in a room with 800 other like minded mommies while listening to her in person was honestly moving. God has truly blessed her ministry and He showed up in such a real and honest way. So much of the conference was about spending time with God, on a daily basis so that as mothers our hearts and minds are in the right place before those little munchkins demand every part of our being from the next 12 hours! Obviously I have learned this over and over again and put it into practice over and over again. But it's time I start over and make it the first priority of my day. I want my children to love the Bible and to love spending time with their Savior and although they see me reading my Bible a couple of times a week I need to model it MUCH more than that. God has been moving in my heart for months now and leading our family closer to Him. This weekend was just what I needed to reconnect and be reinspired to love my God first and foremost and to be with my children and read to them everyday and play with them and talk to them and listen to them and teach them about their Creator! I want so much for my girls and I want Jeff and I to do the very best job that we can possibly do, but we need God with us every step of the way. I am so thankful for my husband, for letting me sneak away for a few days to get refreshed. I am so thankful to my God who made me the mother to my sweet sweet girls and who promises to never stop loving me. I am more than blessed! So to all my mommy friends reading this, you should really really consider going next winter to one of her three conferences! You won't regret it!
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Mom Heart Conference
Posted by The Skains Family at 7:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment