I love my sister, and I love what God has done with our relationship. I think back to our teenage years, and how we couldn't stand each other. We wanted nothing to do with each other, we said hurtful things to each other, and we were NOT friends! But now, fast forward 15 years, past lots and lots of painful times, God has brought us closer than ever, and I am so thankful!
This past weekend we went to San Antonio to celebrate all the January birthdays and see their new home. We had so much fun and the girls wore themselves out playing with their cousins. Saturday morning we all went to watch Korben's first basketball game in which Brenton is the coach. It was so very cute watching Korben play and try really hard to NOT touch the basketball. We had lots of laughs. His sweet big sister even made a little sign to hold up in the bleachers to cheer him on! 


And sadly this is where the pictures end. I get so mad at myself when I forget to take more pictures. Well that night we actually got to go on a double date and left all the kiddos at home with a sitter. It was so fun and quite possibly my most fun double date. We went to dinner and then like most date nights we all sat around trying to decide what to do next. Finally a decision was made and we headed to Dave and Busters (which was about a 20-25 min drive) only to get there and notice it was slammed with people. We (meaning Lisa :) ) decided we didn't want to go anymore and we drove back in the direction of their house. Later we ended up at Krispy Kreme for a free donut which happened to be next door to Chuck E Cheese. We still all had the idea of playing games in our heads and we thought "why not go to Chuck E Cheese?". I mean, it's cheap to play games only, and we could actually play some of our own games without little ones pulling at us! Sounds strange, yes I know, but we had so much fun and we laughed so much that night. Ahh, good times! I so wish I had my camera that night.
I am so thankful that we all live relatively close to each other now and we actually get to see each other more than once every other year!
Friday, February 3, 2012
Weekend with the House's
Posted by The Skains Family at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment