Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

I celebrated my 32nd birthday this week. Yikes! It's kind of weird to be well into my 30's. I just don't feel that old. I really enjoyed my day, spending it with my girls. It really was just a typical day in the life of me, but I love my typical days and I love spending time y with my girls so it was all good! Jeff had to leave for work before we all woke up, and we had to get out of the house to get to dance, so needless to say nothing exciting happened for breakfast. The girls have back to back classes at dance so every Tuesday we spend two hours there, then we usually go to Subway for lunch. The girls, knowing it was my birthday, asked if we could go somewhere special for lunch. "Special" is a little different when I have the girls by myself and we have to get home for naps so we ended up at Wendy's. NOT special at all I am aware, but they have story time and a balloon lady who face paints and makes balloon so kind of special, for them at least. We even ran into a good friend from church!

That evening, Jeff was able to get away a little early from a training class he was in, and we went out to dinner to Pei Wei, which is one of my favs (and easy and quick with the kiddos). At one point, as I ran Adalyn to the bathroom, I thought we were going to have a puker on my birthday, but we managed to make it home with nobody getting sick. She fell asleep on the way there (which is never good) and then she continued to complain about her tummy and saying she needed to throw up, but luckily it ended with that!

We then headed to Cold Stone, and took some ice cream home for later. I opened some presents when we got home, enjoyed some sweet cuddles from my girls and ended the night snuggling on the couch with my hubby watching "The Notebook". Overall a great birthday indeed!

The girls after dance and after getting their arms painted and their balloons from Wendy's. They were pretty excited. Who's birthday was it again? :)


After we got home I of course had to get some pictures with my cute girls and my sweet hubby!



Time for ice cream and presents!





That night, as I was cleaning up the kitchen before I went to bed, I saw these sitting on the counter. It got me! Although my birthdays aren't the way they once were, now that I have little ones at home and a I don't really get much of break. I was kind of feeling sorry for myself that night, but then I saw these cute itty bitty shoes on the counter. How blessed am I?!! This is what I prayed for! This is what I dreamed about as a little girl, as a teenager. I wanted to be a mommy, and I wanted and dreamed about being married to a wonderful man who would love me more than I deserve. And that is what God gave me. I'm 32 and I am exactly where I prayed I would be. So thank you God!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You are blessed indeed! Glad it was a good day! I did Pei Wei on my bday too! Ha! Happy birthday, friend!