After being in Kingwood for quite some time we decided on a church about 2 months ago. It took us a while to settle for some reason. We LOVED our church in San Diego and we had a really really hard time not comparing every where we visited to that church. But God clearly led us to Journey and we are so excited to see what God has in store for us here. The people at Journey are just so great and friendly, and made us feel at home the second we walked through the door.
Journey is a brand new church and actually meets at a high school here in Kingwood. This past weekend they celebrated their first anniversary. Saturday night they invited the whole community out to Town Center here in Kingwood, for Toy Story 3 in the Park with free popcorn and snow cones. Our little church, that probably has an attendance of MAYBE 200 on a given Sunday, had close to 1,000 people out at the park. It was a great event, we had a blast and it was so fun to watch our new church enjoy serving our community just like our old church always did in San Diego. Sunday was a wonderful service as they reminisced about what God has done in a year. This weekend I really began falling in love with our church and that makes me happy! Anyways, I only got a couple of pictures which is a big bummer. The girls all looked so cute that night and I wish I had gotten a picture of them in their big sister, middle sister and little sister shirts. 


On Sunday morning, before we headed out the door, I decided to snap a quick picture of Avery since I hadn't taken her 8 month old picture yet (8 months already, I know). Well after I quickly got a few the sisters had to squeeze in. Funny how when I WANT to take a sister picture they protest, but if I am taking a picture of just one the others think they need to be a part of the fun!
My 8 month old baby girl. I'm getting more and more sad the closer we approach that first birthday! I love having babies!
And here's when the girls decided to make it a sister picture. 

Monday, September 26, 2011
Journey Church
Posted by The Skains Family at 6:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
glad you found a place that you're excited about!
Post a Comment