We are home from San Diego, and now it's mission catch up on the blog! I've got lots to blog so stay tuned to see how the rest of our San Diego vacation went.
While we were there we celebrated Jeff's birthday with an over night date. It was a great day celebrating and sneaking a break in. We first enjoyed a wonderful lunch at our hotel, which overlooked the pool, which overlooked Torrey Pines golf course, which over looked the ocean. It was a gorgeous view and I wished I had taken a picture. After that we actually had to go buy a new camera (that's another story for another blog post) and we headed out to the Torrey Pines glideport so Jeff could go paragliding. He had an absolute blast doing this and I think it was one of favorites parts of his whole vacation. No way was I about to jump in and do this too, but I was happy to watch him!
Getting strapped to his tandem pilot. 
Taking off!
And they are off...

Coming in for landing!
A very happy Jeff and his pilot.
After paragliding we went back to the hotel to get cleaned up for dinner. We had reservations and our favorite restaraunt right on the beach in Del Mar with two other couples. But something crazy happened! There was a bomb threat at a hotel in Del Mar which completely made it impossible to get into Del Mar. The Thomas's made it there some how but they told us not to even attempt it. So we went to La Jolla instead and found another great restaraunt with another beautiful ocean view. Then more drama was added to our night. I called to check in on the kiddos only to learn that Avery was and had been screaming and refused to take a bottle. She had only taken 2 ounces all day. So at 10:00 at night, after a romantic dinner, we had to drive back to my parents house so I could feed Avery. It wasn't how we had anticipated spending our night, but it's part of the job right! Here is the one and only picture we managed to get on our date night!
Luckily we still have another day. Saturday we got to sleep in. It had been a REALLY long time since I got eight hours of uninterupted sleep. It was pretty great! Then we went and had brunch at another yummy restaraunt right on the beach in Del Mar, and then we followed that with a beach day. It is so relaxing to just sit on the beach, talk to my hubby and people watch together. Even though it was cold it was fabulous! It was a wonderful wonderful day and a half celebrating Jeff's birthday and getting some much needed time together. I missed my girlies though and was happy to get home to them. Thanks Mom and Dad and Happy birthday Jeff!
Friday, September 9, 2011
Happy Birthday Jeff
Posted by The Skains Family at 6:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment