A couple of weeks ago, a friend and I were talking about how when reading other mommy friends blogs we tend to get down on our own selves as mom's and wives. I often think how other mom's have it all together, and do such fun things with their kids, they never loose it, they are perfect wives and their husbands are perfect as well as their kids, after reading their super cute blog posts. But obviously this isn't the case, we just tend to blog the good things in our lives, not necessarily the chaotic day to day life as mommies.
So yesterday, as it was one of those crazy chaotic days, I was laying in bed trying to nap over the screaming of a certain three year old and thought "this would be a perfect day to blog my unperfect life"! Yesterday there was A LOT of crying going on in this house, maybe even "a little" crying from this mommy, and just maybe all of the crying was going on at the same time (Nana had to fly back to CA yesterday). Yesterday we had two potty accidents from our two year old. Yesterday there was quite a bit of testing going on from that same three year old I mentioned earlier. And because of that testing, there were some spankings, and lots of other ways of disciplining. During that testing, that sweet little girl just maybe yelled "no maam" at me over and over (fun times). Yesterday there might have been about 20 minutes where our sweet new baby girl screamed and screamed because she was so hungry but I just couldn't get to her yet as I was dealing with the two big girls. Yesterday one of our sweet children might have dug out all of the chapstick of her tube with her finger nail and spread it all over her face and hands while driving to the airport just because! And back to that nap time...yesterday that same little three year old screamed and screamed in her bed during naptime for no apparent reason. And just maybe after this mommy had it with the screaming, I may have lost my temper just a teeny tiny bit on that said three year old. Yesterday there was no napping for me which I was so desperately counting on all day. Which may have been the reason that daddy got a call from a rather emotional mommy! So you see, we sure aren't perfect over here, and these day are so crazy and so chaotic. I know we will find our new normal soon and be trucking along once again. Sometimes in the midst of the chaos I just have to stop and laugh and realize it won't be like this forever, and then there will be all sort of new hurdles to jump!
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Our "perfect" day
Posted by The Skains Family at 7:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
that just made me cry quite a bit. thanks for sharing the unperfect. that's just what life is. praying for you guys! that a new normal settles quickly for the sanity of said mommy. :) love you and missing you alot right now!
Oh Kristy! I LOVE that you posted this!! I COMPLETELY feel the same way when I read others blogs! And I definitely had one of those days just before Emily arrived. It was far from pretty! But it DOES happen, and it IS normal for it to happen! Thanks for the reminder, for being so open, and for sharing! Think about you lots as we go through these things "together"! :) Take care!
Hang in there, it gets easier!!! And, give yourself some credit. Just taking care of 3 little ones, without any of the housework is a full time job! I think Gracyn was at least 6 months old before I started getting my beds made and laundry put away. There just isn't time for everything. But, those crazy days will pass soon. :)
I need to do a better job of posting the real-life daily dramas at our household. Believe me, there are many!!! Hope to see y'all soon.
What a perfect blog! I was thinking the same thing on Tuesday. I read all the "perfect" blog post of friends or even people I don't know and then have to stop and think to myself- "their life can not be so perfect". I guess we tend to blog about all the great things because the not so great things are not fun to write about. BUT... I have had those days- one actually yesterday! I'm sure I will blog about the not so perfect soon. Take care- you accomplished a great day today!
Post a Comment