Sunday, February 27, 2011

Daddy's Favorite Days!

Written by Daddy -

Some of my absolute favorite days are the ones I get to hang out with my beautiful babies (although they are hardly babies anymore)! I think the girls love it as much as I do. They both really seem to thrive when they get alone time with Daddy and they especially love getting to go ride bikes and play at the park. I have been working on the girls wearing their helmets on their bikes... with the coats, helmets, and sunglasses I couldn't help but snap a few pictures of my sweet girls!


Oh my sweet Adalyn! She has such a tender sweet heart and she is undeniably a Daddy's girl. Where ever we are or go she pretty much always wants to be by me or she will stop what she is doing and come give me hugs over and over. She is shy and sensitive like her mommy. The other day she sneezed at the dinner table and rice flew everywhere. Kristy and I cracked up laughing which embarrassed her and made her cry. Last weekend while at lunch with some friends she said something funny that made all of us laugh, which caused another instance of buried face and tears. She also loves to be silly and make us laugh. Two of my favorites is when she makes her "tough girl" and "big eye" faces. She is a blessing beyond words and melts my heart on a daily basis!





Aubrey Claire, my 3 1/2 year old teenager! She is full of personality and is such a little negotiator. "How about just a couple more minutes?" is a regular question I get from her. Or "Maybe next time Daddy?" Or "If I eat my lunch all gone I can have dessert?". She is also so very stubborn, like her Daddy, and when she makes her mind up, that's it. When we went to the park to ride bikes, she wouldn't take her helmet off the whole time even during lunch! It was so funny to watch her running around the play ground with her helmet on. Aubrey is also such the little mommy. She is a wonderful big sister to Adalyn and especially to Avery. She constantly wants to hold her, hug her, kiss her or whatever she can do to make Avery happy. When I come home from work Aubrey always runs straight for the door to try and get the first hug and kiss. She brings more joy to my life than I could have ever imagined.




I absolutely LOVE my Daddy Daughter Days and always look forward to these special days. Thank you Kristy for making sure that I always get these days with my girls and that nothing in our lives goes undocumented! :)

I can't wait until Avery can start going with us on our special days!

0 comments: