Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Avery Brenna Skains

Our sweet little baby girl is finally here and she couldn't be more perfect. Everything went very smoothly with her birth. The c-section was no fun of course, and I was laying there on the table I looked at Jeff, and said "I'm not doing this again!". But then two hours later when my dr. came to check on me one of the first things I asked was "so can my body handle another one?!?!". After she was born, Avery really didn't cry very much so they were right away concerned about her oxygen. Unfortunately she had to spend the first 3 hours in the NICU, and I was pretty emotional about it. They told me I could pump but she wasn't ready to nurse and she may have to spend the whole day and night in there. Of course I called my mom crying wishing she was with me like she was with the other girls. It just felt so anti-climatic. I waited and waited for my baby girl, and then they just took her away and I was sitting in recovery alone. Jeff was with Avery the whole time which was some special bonding time for them. Finally a couple of hours later they wheeled my bed down to her and they actually let me nurse her. So I didn't have to pump, and an hour after that we were all together in my room. It was a huge answer to prayer and we had lots of people praying! And the rest is all history. We slept, she ate, she cried, she pooped and peed and Jeff and I spent two whole days together cuddling our new precious baby girl. So without further ado, here is our precious Avery Brenna, weighing in at 7 pounds 10 ounces and 19 3/4 inches!

Morning of her birth. Bright and early and ready to meet her!


Here we go!


And here is my baby. Our first mommy daughter picture! So worth it.


Avery Brenna. So in love with this sweet girl.




Mommy and Daddy's first picture with our baby girl.




Meeting her big sisters. They were a little apprehensive at first but then Aubrey couldn't give her enough kisses. It took Adalyn a little bit to warm up to her.


Our first family picture as a family of 5.


Aubrey and Adalyn got new babies too.



Thanks again Alicia and Mike for everything!


Now we are home and couldn't be happier to all be together again!




10 comments:

Melodie said...

Yay for Avery pictures. She is beautiful!!!! I can't believe you already have 3! Congratulations Skains family.
P.S. Once things have gotten settled at your house, we're coming to visit. And we can't wait.

SarahRJohnston said...

So precious! I never nursed (or pumped) right after giving birth, so happy everything worked out and you didn't have to spend anymore time alone. I am so excited about meeting her! Sure you can do it again;)

kuykendall_family said...

Congrats! She is beautiful - just like her two sisters! Can't wait to meet her in person!

Jules said...

Congratulations Skains Family! Avery is precious! So very happy for you!

Brett and Erin said...

Congrats! She's beautiful- hope y'all are doing well getting adjusted to 3 =). So happy for you and Jeff.

Diana Hill said...

Congratulations Kristy and Jeff! She is adorable! I am glad her NICU stay was short and that you are all home now! Congratulations agian!

The Hambrick's said...

So beautiful! Your prayers were answered and that is such a blessing. Congratulations!

The Myers said...

Yea! She is precious! So excited for y'all. What a blessing!

Bonky's Mom said...

You look WONDERFUL and precious Avery is just beautiful! We are so thrilled for you guys!

Amanda Burkett said...

She's just the sweetest itty bitty thang! Congratulations!! Wishing you much joy and rest over these fleeting first weeks.