Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pre-School at Home

Now that Aubrey is three I decided it's time to start setting some time aside each week to do a few learning activities. Not that we havent' worked on stuff in the past, but I needed to put it our schedule to make sure it gets done. We have been working on letters, counting (she is still stuck on only counting to 11), and shapes. And since Adalyn of course wants to be involved she has been doing most of it too. As we were reviewing counting to 10 I discovered that Adalyn can count to ten. Haha, I had no idea! So far Aubrey has her 'A', 'U', and "B' down. She is well on her way to learning how to spell her name. We are putting together an ABC book, so by the time we make it throught the whole alphabet she will have her own ABC book. It's been so fun for the past teacher in me to start thinking of projects and activities and the girls love to do any type of craft. So here's to pre-school at home, until we are in the real deal next year!



Showing me she can count to 10!




2 comments:

Melodie said...

how fun! now i tried this a few weeks ago. i was WAY more into the idea than Holden. :( he does it all at MDO, so i thought it would be fun for us to do together. but i'm persistant, so i'll keep trying. :) i'm emailing you some helpful sites that i found.

The Hambrick's said...

I LOVE it!!! Funny how you mentioned that Adalyn knew how to count to 10 because I found that out recently too about Kara.