I have a wonderful new find that I wanted to share with all my mommy friends. I came across this cd from a highschool friend of mine. Hidden in My Heart is a lullaby cd, but it's scripture put into song, but beautiful relaxing music. I listened to a little bit on their website and I was sold. I'm always looking for sweet biblical music for my girls, to have on around the house or in the car or even when they go to bed. I was so excited when I received it in the mail today. The girls and I went straight to their room to listen. They were not too interested, as they just got up from naps and playing was their top priority. But I turned it on, sat in the rocking chair, closed by eyes and just listened to the words. It was one of those moments that I felt was honestly sitting in My Father's lap just resting. We have some major decisions going on right now that have been causing tons of stress, worry and anxiety. I have had a hard time thinking about anything else and I have felt like I have been constantly arguing with God. But this is what He had to say about all of that...
Psalm 37:7- Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him.
Phillipians 4:6-7 : Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Hebrews 13:5-6 : For He Himself has said 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we may boldly say Lord is my helper, I will not fear.
These are just a sneak peak! These scriptures are put to music and so easy to listen to and to really just rest in Him, to trust in Him and to know that He will always be right here with me. I love the idea of my girls listening to God's promises like this. It is definitely going to be played a lot around our house. I just wanted to encourage you to check out their website, listen to a couple of songs and see what you think. So excited for our new music! Now I just need to remember these promises in the next few weeks.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Hidden in My Heart
Posted by The Skains Family at 10:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
and what a great way to memorize scripture! for our kids, but also for us. thanks Kristy! praying for you and your family.
Post a Comment