Monday, May 31, 2010

"Sang it"

A pretty regular part of my vocabulary is the phrase "dang it". I never realized how much I say it until I began trying to break the habit. And the reason I have decided to break the habit is because sweet Aubrey has been walking around the house saying her version "sang it" at the slightest frustration. I often hear her whisper "sang it" to herself over and over again. The other day she was struggling putting her sandals on and she began again saying "sang it". Once again I told her "Aubrey that's not very nice to say". A couple minutes later she went outside to play with Adalyn and I heard her say "We not say sang it Adalyn. Only mommy and daddy". Oops! So now she thinks it's okay for us to say it just not her. I told her mommy and daddy shouldn't say it either. But again, still haven't broken that habit. So fast forward to today. I was riding in the van between the girls, since our friend Lance has been visiting. The seatbelt kept locking and I couldn't get it unstuck. So I proceeded to say "dang it" as I was struggling with the seat belt. Aubrey then said with a big gasp first "mommy say sang it. We not say sang it mommy". Oops again! Busted by my two year old!

3 comments:

Melodie said...

sweet neice, Hope says dang it. i like Aubrey's version of "sang it". but i'm surprised she hasn't heard her daddy say worse. ;)

The Myers said...

That's hilarious! She is certainly going to keep you on your toes, isn't she. :) Josh and I keep telling ourselves that we had better start watching our words as well. It won't be long. :)

Bonky's Mom said...

LOL! Gotta love discipline from little ones! : )