On Monday we headed to Arlington, spent time with Jeff's brothers and families, and then Jeff flew home Tuesday morning. The rest of the week I was on my own, but had a blast seeing a few friends that I never get to see or spend time with. It was exhausting, most definitely, hoppping from place to place with two toddlers, but it was well worth it.
Playing at cousin's Kyley and Kolby's house.
Aubrey loved playing with Kyley
And then it was time to play with cousins Riley and Reegan!
Dressing up is always entertaining!
Cute girl Reegan!
On Wednesday I got to spend most of the morning and afternoon with one of my old roomies, Melodie and her two sweet little boys, Holden and Paxton. I am sad to say this is the only decent picture I have. Aubrey would not cooperate, and Paxton was sleeping so we only got Holden and Adalyn. They are actually only 4 months apart, but last time we saw Holden he was 2 months old and Adalyn was growing in my belly! It was so nice to have to time to chat with Melodie. I feel truly blessed by her friendship, even with all the miles between us. She is one of those women who I have such admiration for!
Wednesday night, one of my other old roomies, Sarah, had a few of us over for dinner so we could all catch up. Again I am so sad to say we never really got a picture of all us, but I did manage to get this one of us to and our kiddos. Her little boy Cason is just adorable and I was so happy that I finally got to meet him! That was also the first time the 4 of us roomates from college where together since any of had kids! Aww, I miss those girls!
The rest of the week was spent at my best friend, Alicia's house. When I am home I am constantly taking pictures, but on this trip I kept forgetting so again, I only have a few pictures from our time with Alicia. I had so much spending time with her, seeing her super cute house, and meeting her boyfriend. Fun times. The girls love their Aunt Alicia, or "lichia" as Aubrey calls her.
We had a fun morning "swimming" at Alicia's pool. Okay, actually it wasn't Alicia's pool. It was her old apartments pool, and techinically we were just in the hot tub because my girls are sort of sissy girls and it was too cold for them. And it depends on how you define swimming, because swimming to my girls, means sitting on the side or standing on the first step and kicking your feet and splashing. You would think these California girls would be all about swimming!
Thanks Alicia, for letting us bombard your house!
And then it was over, and it was soon time for me to fly home by myself with my two toddlers. That my friends, is a whole other blog post in itself. Yikes!
Friday, May 14, 2010
And then we were off to Dallas
Posted by The Skains Family at 2:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It was so great to see you and your sweet little girls. I was wondering how the flight went. Can't wait for the post. :)
we loved hanging out! thanks for being brave and extending your visit. and admiration for me? pfffff! what in the world?! remember what a brat i could be when we were roomies?! i remember.
p.s. those are the cutest swimsuits i have ever seen and i'm wondering if they make them in my size!
Post a Comment