Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy 4th Birthday to our sweet Avery!

It's still hard to believe my little sweet Avery turned 4! I blinked again and her third year just flew by. She is growing up quickly and learning so many new things. She is still definitely a shy girl in public but at home she keeps us laughing constantly. The two big girls are always telling me the funny things Avery says to them when they are off playing.

I love spending time with this girl. She loves telling stories and they usually end with me and her at the park.  She loves to color like her sisters and just recently started coloring really well. We had a coloring date the other day just her and I. While we were coloring we were just chatting and she said "Remember when you told me the other day we were going to have Mommy Avery time, and then we didn't." Ouch right! She gives the best hugs and there is something about the way she says "I love you mommy", that just melts my heart. This girls also has a bit of a strong will and a bit free spirited at the same time. She doesn't really like to be told what to do, which in the life of the four year old can be a bit tricky! But she is learning and sometimes. like most children, just needs some extra attention and some special one on one time. She loves going on Daddy daughter dates! Avery Brenna is such a smart girl too. It's been funny with this third girl of mine, there are just things she has learned so quickly just by being around her big sisters. She can almost count to 100 already, which that took me quite a while to teach my big girls, and honestly I never really taught that to Avery. One day (this was probably a year ago) I looked outside on the swing set and she was swinging all by herself! I was shocked. It took me forever to teach the big girls how to do that. Funny! The other night  at dinner she started counting by tens all the way to 100. Jeff and I looked at each other and he said "You know how to count by 10's??". Hopefully she continues this pattern!

On her birthday we had a great time celebrating her. She really didn't have too many requests for her day but she really wanted to be with her family. She did request sausage egg casserole for breakfast and was very excited when she saw the Frozen balloon that Daddy bought for her that morning.

Since we didn't throw a birthday party for her we did invite one of her favorite friends over for lunch a play date. Her little friend Tessa is such a sweet heart and they had a blast playing together.








Once Daddy came home we opened presents....


Then headed to Chuck E Cheese per the birthday girls request.





 Love this one of Daddy and his birthday girl!
Avery Brenna, you are such a beautiful sweet little girl! You bring such joy to our family. Your smile and laughter is contagious and your big beautiful brown eyes can melt anyones heart. You are growing up too fast and I am trying to hold on to any bit of my baby girl that is left. I love you so very much my sweet girl, and I pray constantly that God captures your heart and that you one day grow into a young lady who desires to follow wholeheartedly after Him. We are so proud of you!

0 comments: