Easter out at the resort was a pleasant surprise. I was very hesitant to not go to church on Easter, especially after all we had talked about and done all week leading up to it. I mean, I already had Easter dresses, Easter basket stuff etc. etc., and how could I live without Easter morning pictures hunting Easter eggs and in our outfits. But what I discovered was life goes on, and it was the most laid back Easter yet, and probably my favorite one! We decided that morning to have our own Easter service, just our family, out by the lake. We sang some songs, Jeff read us the Easter story, we talked and answered questions about Jesus's sacrifice for us and eternity in heaven with Him, and ended it in prayer. It was a precious time and I loved it.
Our lake view.
Singing songs.
He was having fun doing the motions right along with us.
After our little service, we headed out for the Easter egg hunt. Avery was all for it until the Easter bunny came out, then she was no longer interested in finding eggs.
Then we snapped some family pictures around the resort before heading back out to the pool.
And like that I was done with my camera. But like I send we swam the rest of the day, and Jeff's best friend and his girlfriend, Lance and Rachel, came out to spend the day with us. The girls love Rachel so they were in heaven when she got there!
The following Sunday we pretended it was Easter so we could wear our Easter clothes and snap a few pictures. I should have taken them before church, when everyone had brushed hair and we weren't tired yet, however we were running too late for that, so after church it was!
And you know, they still haven't asked about their Easter baskets! What a blessed Easter it truly truly was for our family.

0 comments:
Post a Comment