Jeff and I have officially been married for ten years! Crazy to me. Sometimes I sit back and wonder how in the world I got here, married ten years with four babies! But it's a perfect place to be. God has done some pretty wonderful things in our lives over these last ten years, and he continues to draw us closer to Him and bless us beyond what we could have ever imagined. He is at work in a mighty way in our lives right now and Jeff and I were so in need for some time away together to just enjoy each other and talk and plan for what's ahead.
We were able to sneak away for two whole days, and it was one of the most relaxing two days I have had in probably many years! We stayed out at a resort in Montgomery, outside of Conroe north of Houston, which Jeff had all planned. We almost canceled you see, because remember I was broken out in hives, Avery had the flu, Jeff was getting over the flu and battling pneumonia but we decided to stick to our plans and I am so glad we did. Our amazing babysitter told us there was no reason to cancel, that she could handle it. I love that girl. Not only did she keep our kids for two days, but she came loaded with crafts to do and that is pretty much all they did. She is so great! It was really cold and rainy that weekend which made it all that more relaxing for us. We went to see Catching Fire in the middle of the afternoon on Saturday ( a mid afternoon movie!!!), we went shopping at a couple of cute furniture stores, we stopped for a margarita by the lake, we watched another movie in our hotel room, we went out to eat all our meals and the best part... we got to sleep in two mornings in a row! It was glorious, it was needed and I am so thankful! Here we are together on our tenth! I wish we had gotten more pics together, but it was just a laid back weekend.
Monday, December 2, 2013
Happy Tenth to Us!
Posted by The Skains Family at 9:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Happy anniversary!!! Glad y'all had the time away.
Post a Comment